Re: Amazon RDS auth tokens in .pgpass

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Amazon RDS auth tokens in .pgpass
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> My memory might be faulty, but I've got some specific recollection of
> people complaining about this before and the community response being
> "who would ever need such very long things?!"

Yeah, so I guessed wrong ;-).  Never too late to absorb new facts though.

That thread does point out that passwordFromFile() is far from the
only place that assumes passwords aren't going to be longer than
what would be sane to enter manually.  I wonder whether we need to
worry about the other bottlenecks.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Amazon RDS auth tokens in .pgpass
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Amazon RDS auth tokens in .pgpass