Re: Bug in documentation: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/spi-examples.html

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug in documentation: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/spi-examples.html
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 6:22 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think his point is that this example does not behave as the
>> documentation claims.  Which it does not, according to my
>> tests here.  I find this a bit disturbing --- did we intentionally
>> change the behavior of SPI_exec somewhere along the line?

> Appears to be a documentation fix oversight back in v9.0
> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/2ddc600f8f0252a0864e85d5cc1eeb3b9687d7e9

Ah, thanks for the pointer.  I'd just been trying to bisect where
between 8.4 and 9.0 it changed, but failed because early-9.0 versions
don't build at all with current bison :-(

Anyway, given that the example needs updating, how should we do that
exactly?  Is it worth demonstrating both the behavior with RETURNING
and that without?  If not, which one to show?