Re: pgsql: Cache by-reference missing values in a long lived context

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Cache by-reference missing values in a long lived context
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 2023-08-24 Th 16:57, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm not sure if those arguments justify a back-patch instead of
>> the localized hack you suggest.

> Seems like overkill given the age of the surrounding code and the
> nearness to EOL of releases 11 and 12.

I agree that 11 is nearly dead, but 12 still has a year-plus to go.

Another point that I wasn't thinking of yesterday is that 11 is
still expected to compile on pre-C99 compilers.  I'm not sure
to what extent we are still able to test that -- my old animals
have all gone to buildfarm heaven, although I see that Noah's
AIX menagerie is still soldiering on.  Were we relying on "{ 0 }"
anywhere else pre-v12?

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Cache by-reference missing values in a long lived context
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: pgsql: Avoid non-POSIX cp flags