Re: Dry Run Mode, + W9X

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Dry Run Mode, + W9X
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Serguei Mokhov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What do you people think of adding a so-called
> "dry run" mode to pgAdmin? Basically, what I want
> is to be able to step through all the dialogs and forms and
> the rest of the UI in some test mode so that I can
> see all the GUI elements and their appearance w/o
> actually performing any underlying operations.

This seems a good idea to support translators. But it has some caveats
which have to be considered while implementing. E.g. a dummy server may
not be written to the registry when exiting the app.
Many strings which are not easily understandable without context are
probably error messages. A translator would still have the problem "when
is this string xyz used".

Win9x support is still not implementable. Our weak 9x support is not a
database connection issue; it's the operating system lacking proper
unicode support, which is unfortunately *the* limiting factor for your
"dry mode" target audience.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Translation updates for 1.2: ru_RU
От: "Serguei Mokhov"
Сообщение: Re: Dry Run Mode, + W9X