Re: Users and multiple server environment

От Michael Long
Тема Re: Users and multiple server environment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>Obviously not :-(.  This should be pointing to /usr/local/pgsql_8.0b3/lib/
>so it seems you didn't do the rpath enabling correctly; or maybe your
>system is configured in a way that overrides rpath (do you have
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in your environment?).

Yay!! When I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH then things work correctly. Your
patience and help is very much appreciated. If you are ever in the
Boston area I will buy you a beer.

>I don't have any more advice than that to give; you may need to find a
>Linux shared-library guru to help you fix it.

One final question, I used the following to configure the build. Did I
do something to cause the library to not link properly or do I need to
find a Linux shared-library guru?

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql_8.0b3 --with-pgport=5480
--with-perl --with-python --with-tcl --enable-thread-safety
--enable-debug --enable-cassert --enable-depend