Re: First set of OSDL Shared Mem scalability results, some

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: First set of OSDL Shared Mem scalability results, some
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/14/2004 12:22 AM, Greg Stark wrote:

> Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Which would require that shared memory is not allowed to be swapped out, and
>> that is allowed in Linux by default IIRC, not to completely distort the entire
>> test.
>
> Well if it's getting swapped out then it's clearly not being used effectively.

Is it really that easy if 3 different cache algorithms (PG cache, kernel
buffers and swapping) are competing for the same chips?

Jan

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: First set of OSDL Shared Mem scalability results, some
От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Performance on Win32 vs Cygwin