How do you compare (NULL) and (non-NULL)?

От Wei Weng
Тема How do you compare (NULL) and (non-NULL)?
Дата
Re: How do you compare (NULL) and (non-NULL)?  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-sql
In the following query

SELECT Parent FROM Channels ORDER BY Parent ASC;

If I have a couple of (NULL)s in the field [Parent], they will be listed at
the bottom of the query result.

Is it because PostgreSQL considers (NULL) as the biggest value? If I run the
same query under MSSQL Server 2000, I get the exact opposite result
regarding the order of (NULL)s and (non-NULL) values. They are listed at the
very beginning of the query result.

Thanks

Wei

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Yudie"
Сообщение: How to re-sort a sorted query?
От: Oliver Elphick
Сообщение: Re: How to re-sort a sorted query?