Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I'm not wondering so much about vac_update_relstats(). There indeed the
> calls aren't new and the worst that can happen is a slightly older
> freeze limit. I'm more wondering about vac_update_datfrozenxid(). Afaics
> we very well could hit
>     newFrozenXid = lastSaneFrozenXid = GetOldestXmin(NULL, true);
>     newMinMulti = lastSaneMinMulti = GetOldestMultiXactId();
> for a relation that has just been vacuumed by another backend.

Hmm ... I see.  The issue is not what the computed minimum datfrozenxid
etc should be; it's right to err in the backwards direction there.
It's whether we want to declare that the calculation is bogus and abandon
truncation if another session manages to sneak in a very-new relfrozenxid.
Yeah, you're right, we need to be conservative about doing that.  I'd
wanted to avoid extra calls here but I guess we have to do them after all.
Will fix.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts