Pb with the ./configure script

От D'Artagnan
Тема Pb with the ./configure script
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello everybody,
i am a new member of this mailing-list, because i tried yesterday to
install pgadmin3 on a computer i am not root on, so.... let's go to
compile from sources !
(I am a student in charge of the installation of different GNU/Linux
software in a french engineer school in computer sciences.)

I have installed without any problem wxWindows, and the stc "add-on"
which is required by pgadmin3.
But i have got a problem with the "--with-wx" option of pgadmin3 : there
is a good detection of the binary "wx-config" but the script can't find
the stc add-on.
In the configure script of pgadmin3, i've read that, with the
"--with-wx" option, it searches the directory "include" on the same
hierarchical level that the directory "bin", which is totally unusual.

My structure is like this (for wxWindows) :
.
`-- 20031010-7__1   |-- install   |   |-- arch   |   |   `-- Tettnang   |   |       |-- bin   |   |       `-- lib   |
|          `-- wx   |   |               `-- include   |   |                   `-- gtk2ud-2.5   |   |
  `-- wx   |   `-- noarch   |       |-- include   |       |   `-- wx   |       |       |-- generic   |       |
|--gtk   |       |       |-- html   |       |       |-- protocol   |       |       |-- stc   |       |       |-- unix
  |       |       |-- xml   |       |       `-- xrc   |       `-- share   |           |-- ...            //lots of
thingshere about locale   |           |-- aclocal   |           |-- locale   |           `-- wx   |               `--
2.5  |                   |-- afm   |                   `-- gs_afm   `-- log

So you can see the marked difference between the architectural dependant
files, and the non-architectural dependant files (a classical usage of
the "--prefix" and "--exec-prefix" options)
After editing the configure script, i can start the compilation phase
but there are some C++ errors of compilation (static cast error for
example), so i suppose it can't find some files .h from the stc add-on.

Is there any solution for me to make pgadmin3 undertand that my
"include" directory of wxWindows is NOT at the same place that the "bin"
directory ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cremaschi Xavier.

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: report compiling pgadmin3 on MacosX
От: blacknoz@club-internet.fr
Сообщение: Re: Pb with the ./configure script