Re: Error handling in plperl and pltcl

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Error handling in plperl and pltcl
Дата
Re: Error handling in plperl and pltcl  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> The real point here is that omitting the per-command subtransaction
> ought to be a hidden optimization, not something that intrudes to the
> point of having unclean semantics when we can't do it.

Sorry to be stupid here, but I didn't understand this when it was
disussed originally either. Why a subtransaction per command rather than
one per function? If I've got this right, this is so the PL can tidy up
behind itself and report/log an appropriate error?

--  Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

От: "Michael Paesold"
Сообщение: Re: 8.0beta5 results w/ dbt2
От: Thomas Hallgren
Сообщение: Re: Error handling in plperl and pltcl