Re: PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue

От Arnd Baranowski
Тема Re: PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
The latest stable version seemed to be 14.1. I do not know and it might have been a coincidence. Recently I got forced
toupgrade my Postgres by Brew. Postgres moved from 14.7 to 14.10. This was about the same time my problem started

> Am 05.02.2024 um 21:44 schrieb Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>
> Arnd Baranowski <baranowski@oculeus.com> writes:
>> I have a MacBook Pro 16 inch with M3 Max in the base configuration (48 gig RAM, 1 terabyte HD). Operating System
macOSthe latest Sonoma 14.3. I use the latest Postgres 14 installed via brew in the standard configuration. From time
totime (every second or third week) I use to reboot the Mac and since several weeks now (the last 4 reboots at least) I
losedata of the database when rebooting and I fall back to a state of several days ahead of the reboot. This affects
structureand data added. I cover this via backups and it looks that data is kept in memory rather than written to the
database.Beside this Mac and Postgres run fine.

От: Arnd Baranowski
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18333: Postgres is crashing if we have special character in the query