pg_restore should restore the schema comments and the database properties

От Daniel Migowski
Тема pg_restore should restore the schema comments and the database properties
Дата
Re: pg_restore should restore the schema comments and the database properties  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I know this discussion has already been made, but for us it is a real problem that database properties are not restored with pg_restore. For me, the comment on a database, as well as the properties like pg_search_path are part of the data of the database. They are even contained in the dumps, so please add a function to pg_restore to let me restore this data also. It is really annoying not to be able to just use DROP DATABASE, CREATE DATABASE and pg_restore to get exactly the same thing  you had before.

I would also like a function that does a CREATE DATABASE on restore automatically, but I don’t want to wish for too much here.

Thank you very much in advance,

Daniel Migowski

IKOffice

UNTERNEHMENSSOFTWARE

IKOffice GmbH

Daniel Migowski

Mail:

dmigowski@ikoffice.de

Nordstrasse 10

Tel.:

+49 (0)441 21 98 89 52

26135 Oldenburg

Fax.:

+49 (0)441 21 98 89 55

http://www.ikoffice.de

Mob.:

+49 (0)176 22 31 20 76

Geschäftsführer:

Ingo Kuhlmann, Daniel Migowski

Amtsgericht Oldenburg:

HRB 201467

Steuernummer:

64/211/01864

От: Florian Weimer
Сообщение: Re: fsync on ext4 does not work
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: using pg's internal timezone database?