Re: EMBEDDED PostgreSQL

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: EMBEDDED PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

On Jan 25, 2005, at 4:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Sorry, but any Windows user who thinks he doesn't need security
> measures
> equivalent to (not "beyond") minimum Unix practice is a dummy about
> security.  Take a look at this LOAD vulnerability we're in the midst of
> patching, and ask yourself whether you aren't glad that it can't be
> used
> to get admin privileges on your Windows box.

So a vulnerability exists on Windows even if PostgreSQL is only
accepting local connections?

The poster asked about embedded databases and that is what I'm trying
to address. I realize this has been thoroughly hashed about in the
archives, but I don't recall any discussion of PotgreSQL 8 on Windows.

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: How are foreign key constraints built?
От: John Gray
Сообщение: Re: xpath_list() question for contrib/xml2