Re: Disable unique constraint in Postgres

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Disable unique constraint in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2022-11-25 at 12:48 +0530, Nikhil Ingale wrote:
> We have an alter command to disable any constraints in the oracle db. Similarly do we have any
> command to disable the UNIQUE constraint in postgres. Most of the postgres db forum suggests
> dropping the UNIQUE constraint. But, I don't want to drop the constraint here instead just
> disable the unique constraint.
>
> Need your inputs on the same.

The db forums were right: you cannot disable a unique constraint in PostgreSQL.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Difference between host, hostssl and hostnossl connection type
От: Dhirendra Singh
Сообщение: Re: Difference between host, hostssl and hostnossl connection type