Re: [pgadmin-support] making me love pgAdmin III

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] making me love pgAdmin III
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 2017-05-18 6:27 PM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> I have never heard of any other software program where
> options/features from a previous release were not included in the newest release.

Oh really?  Excluding features/options when making major new versions happens
all the time.

Look at a lot of the software Apple releases for example.  Intuit also did it
with Quicken for another example.

The fact PgAdmin 4 lacks some features of PgAdmin 3 has a lot of precedent in
the industry.

The fact is, every feature/option you have has costs to make it and costs to
continue maintaining it, so sometimes taking things away is beneficial.  That's
not to say that taking some things away isn't painful, but that's not the case
with all features and options.

-- Darren Duncan

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] making me love pgAdmin III
От: Daniel Küppers
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] making me love pgAdmin III