Tools showing table partitions as tables in listings of tables

От Niels Jespersen
Тема Tools showing table partitions as tables in listings of tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello all

We are very happy with the ongoing work on partitioning i Postgres 11+. We use it in a number of cases.

A small irritation point is that some tools decide that partitions under a table are to be shown in a list of tables, sometimes drowning the main table in a sea of partitions.

PgAdmin shows partitions below the main table, Datagrip also. Other tools do not. The ones that I have heard about is the SAS System and Enterprise Architect, both connecting through ODBC. I am aware that the issue is really that these tools and/or the ODBC Driver issues queries against the catalog and these queries are naive in respect to table partitions.

Any ideas for working around this? Naming partitions in a special manner, something else. It's not the end of the world, but quite irritating for some users.

Regards

Niels Jespersen

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: JDBC driver - is "getGeneratedKeys()" guaranteed to return the ids in the same order a batch insert was made?
От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Re: Tools showing table partitions as tables in listings of tables