Re: problem with dots in order by

От Ruben Oliveira
Тема Re: problem with dots in order by
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the quick reply :)

I missed the localization part of the manual , shame on me !!
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/charset.html

LC_COLLATE String sort order

I did:
 set|grep LC
and because I am portuguese it returns pt_PT

just a quick question if you please :
is there any implication in changing Postgresql to the C locale ...
other than
the order by and to_char handling ?

I'm running Postgresql as an ERP Database  done by me and any mistakes I
do:  I'm dead meat :P

If you have experience with this I welcome any reply ...
Other than that I will try in some other machine the
 initdb --locale=C
just to be safe ...

Thanks again ,
Ruben Oliveira
-

От: Marco Colombo
Сообщение: Re: Alternate db location
От: Dan Sugalski
Сообщение: CURSORs and selects with parameters