Deadlock and FK triggers

От Bo Lorentsen
Тема Deadlock and FK triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
HI ...

I have been using PG for a large project at my work (soon in
production), and I use PG and a lot for FK/RI checks. This works nice
when using one or two threads (cuncurrent connections), but more than
this, and I start getting deadlocks in my FK triggers.

After this, I have been reading all the mail threads I can find in the
PG mailing lists, on this subject and I found some some minor fixes. One
have made a patch for PG, but the patch also remove some of the
garanties. The other is the DEFERRABLE fix, that fix or postpone some of
this. But no real solutions, as far as I can see.

Now that we have version 8.0, and this have been a know problem for some
time, I like to know what the status of this is ? Will there be another
way for a trigger to lock the reffered table other that "FOR UPDATE",
that is more like a RW lock, or will we get a way to control the
sequence in which FK triggers are executed ? As a last solution, all FK
triggers could be executed in a alnumeric sequence, based on the tabel name.
So ... what is the plan ?

When designing a somewhat complex DB this become a relativly large
problem, and this don't sound nice to my boss if I have to tell his
these thing :-(

Regards

/BL

От: "alexandre::aldeia digital"
Сообщение: Killing process through of a function
От: Alberto Cabello Sanchez
Сообщение: Mistake in initdb?