Re: psql: add \create_function command

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: psql: add \create_function command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-01-26 Fr 15:17, Tom Lane wrote:
> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> I don't know, maybe I have a problem with the described use case. I cannot
>> imagine holding the body and head of PL routines in different places and I
>> don't understand the necessity to join it.
> It seems a little weird to me too, and I would vote against accepting
> \create_function as described because I think too few people would
> want to use it.  However, the idea of an easy way to pull in a file
> and convert it to a SQL literal seems like it has many applications.

Yes, this proposal is far too narrow and would not cater for many use
cases I have had in the past.

I like your ideas upthread about \file_read and :{filename}

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Mikhail Gribkov
Сообщение: Wrong buffer limits check
От: "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby