Re: postgreSQL-8.0.1 configure --enable-thread-safety with

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: postgreSQL-8.0.1 configure --enable-thread-safety with
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The attached patch should remove the warnings but I am not applying it
> because a non-static/extern global variable should be fine in C code.

What's the harm in applying it? Variables and functions not used outside
the compilation unit in which they are defined _should_ be marked
static; it's not required, but I think it's good style.

-Neil

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: two questions related to tablespace in PG8.0.1
От: Vikram Kalsi
Сообщение: Re: postgreSQL-8.0.1 configure --enable-thread-safety with icc-8.1 on RHEL-AS3 Itanium-2 gives error