Re: Moving a project from gborg to pgfoundry?

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Moving a project from gborg to pgfoundry?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think having to be on a specific server to get automatic updates on
the front page is the problem. Moving it not the correct solution. There
are may postgresql related projects that don't live on pgfoundry, or
even gborg.

Why is this a necessity?

Can't we set up some sort of interface to the latest news?

Dave

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>

>>> If only the CVS/Mailing lists are needed, and nothing that is "in
>>> the database", then this shouldn't be too hard ... go to pgfoundry,
>>> submit for the new project ... once it is approved, create the
>>> various mailing lists that you have on gborg, and then, *before* you
>>> do anything else on either, I can move copies of both from gborg ->
>>> pgfoundry  ...
>>>
>>> Once I've copied both over, I'll get Chris to mark the gborg project
>>> as being 'disabled' so that nobody will see it over there anymore ...
>>>
>> Actually, it would be very nice if the project was still visible at
>> gborg with a single page explaining that the project has moved.
>> People may get the wrong idea if it just disappears.
>>
>> I'm still in status quo with PL/Java. I'm eager to help out to get
>> the move done, but I still don't know what more I can do. My
>> requirements are the same as Shachar's although a dump of the current
>> bug database would be helpful.
>

> mailing lists and cvs are easy, as they are the same format under
> either ... its the 'database conversion' stuff that is the reason for
> the long hold up for the rest ...
>
> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com
519 939 0336
ICQ#14675561

От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Moving a project from gborg to pgfoundry?
От: Shachar Shemesh
Сообщение: Re: Moving a project from gborg to pgfoundry?