Re: Improvement for COPY command .. unless it already exists

От David Gagnon
Тема Re: Improvement for COPY command .. unless it already exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I want to default some columns for this COPY command only.  So DEFAULT
is not appropriate in this case.  In fact I think you suggested a
workaround right ?  Doing an alter table before and another one after
will work ... not fully clean thought since my user may not have the
write to modify the table.   Being able to specify default values
directly in the COPY command will be really nice :-)  I just wanted to
share my tought :-)

Being eable to read zipped file will be cool to .. but I'm not sure it's
Chrismas yet right so I didn't ask ;-)

Thanks for your help
/David

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Improvement for COPY command .. unless it already exists (If yes please tell me!)
От: "David Parker"
Сообщение: WAL on a RAM disk