Re: Datatypes in PL/PSQL functions with multiple arguments

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Datatypes in PL/PSQL functions with multiple arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Benjamin Holmberg wrote:
> Hello-
>
> This is my first foray into pl/psql so forgive me if I sound totally
> incompetent.
>
> I've been writing a few functions, and have come across some screwing data
> typing issues.
>
> When creating a function which accepts a single argument, things work just
> fine, variable can be used throughout the function as expected with no
> modification.
> When creating functions containing two or more arguments, I have to
> explicity cast the arguments whenever I use them (loading/casting into
> another variable is an option, haven't tried though) to prevent runtime
> errors. The functions get called just fine, but then run into problems using
> any of the given arguments.

Could you perhaps give an example function? Something with one or two
lines of code perhaps. Oh, and how you are calling it too.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Benjamin Holmberg
Сообщение: Datatypes in PL/PSQL functions with multiple arguments
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: Datatypes in PL/PSQL functions with multiple arguments