Re: Suggestions

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
syed magthum wrote:
> Hi
>   We are likely to build a desktop application in
> VB.Net and we are in a hunt to go for a database.We
> need a free version basically if it dosnt meets our
> demand then we can go for the developer versions.
>

>  For our application it may run as client server
> application may be of 10 concurrent users,with 40
> tables of 10000 rows for 2 r 3 tables and others
> mostly of 1000 rows.

That's easily do-able with PostgreSQL. Or tables ten or a hundred times
larger.

There are ODBC and .Net client libraries - details and download at
   http://www.postgresql.org/download/

PostgreSQL is licenced under the BSD licence which lets you use, modify
and distribute the system pretty much without restriction.
   http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence

It is of course free, runs on most Unix variants (including MacOS-X) and
  with version 8, Windows 2000/XP.

The only thing is, it isn't suitable as an embedded database - it needs
to be its own server process. If that's acceptable to you, then I think
you'll like PostgreSQL.
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: CURRENT_TIMESTAMP vs actual time
От: "Christopher J. Bottaro"
Сообщение: Re: CURRENT_TIMESTAMP vs actual time