9.3.2 on Mac OS X: WAL Sender never exits on SIGUSR2 when pg_receivexlog is connected

От Joel Hedden
Тема 9.3.2 on Mac OS X: WAL Sender never exits on SIGUSR2 when pg_receivexlog is connected
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I've been testing PostgreSQL 9.3.2 on Mac OS X (10.9.1), the EnterpriseDB release as well as my own modified source,
andI'm seeing an issue that didn't affect 9.2.4.  I connect a pg_receivexlog instance and have "hot_standby" archiving
enabled,with "archive_command" defined correctly.  When the WAL Sender process receives a SIGUSR2 from the postmaster
(orme), it fails to shut down and pg_receivexlog remains connected.  Upon inspection, it looks like the test for
"sentPtr== MyWalSnd->flush" is always false at walsender.c:1058 where the wal sender should be shutting down.
Replicationand archiving seem to be working otherwise.  Killing pg_receivexlog allows for the WAL Sender to then
terminate.

I'm curious if this is a known issue.  I have not tried testing the 9.3 HEAD code yet.

Thanks,
-Joel Hedden

От: Payal Singh
Сообщение: Re: Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password
От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: Password Security