Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mark Rinaudo wrote:
> I'm running the Redhat Version of Postgresql which came pre-installed
> with Redhat ES. It's version number is 7.3.10-1.  I'm not sure what
> options it was compiled with. Is there a way for me to tell?

`pg_config --configure` in recent releases.

> Should i just compile my own postgresql for this platform?

Yes, I would. 7.4 was the first release to include support for proper
spinlocks on AMD64.

(From a Redhat POV, it would probably be a good idea to patch 7.3 to
include the relatively trivial changes needed for decent AMD64
performance, assuming that shipping a more recent version of PG with ES
isn't an option.)

-Neil

От: Mark Rinaudo
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine