Re: Version Control?

От Russ Brown
Тема Re: Version Control?
Дата
Re: Version Control?  ("Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Peter Fein wrote:

> Come on, we can't be the first people with this problem?  Version
> control's been around for what, 20, 30 years? Somebody must have tried
> to do this before, even if it's with something other than Postgres...

That's what really surprises me too! I've looked around quite a bit and
have only really found systems which are built into DB administration
programs that have their own version storage system, and sometimes only
work if you make the changes in that application.

 From my point of view, any database versioning system would need to be
able to work with the same version control system that I use for my
code, so I can extract a fully-working system from any point in the past.

I'd be extremely happy if somebody finds such a system that is already
written!

--

Russ.