Re: Autovacuum in the backend

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Hannu Krosing wrote:
>

>>On K, 2005-06-15 at 13:41 +0800, Qingqing Zhou wrote:
>>

>>>"Neil Conway" <neilc@samurai.com> writes

>Yes, those are step five.  The TODO list has:
>
>    * Auto-vacuum
>            o Move into the backend code
>            o Scan the buffer cache to find free space or use background writer
>            o Use free-space map information to guide refilling
>            o Do VACUUM FULL if table is nearly empty?

I think the two can be used in conjunction with one another, and perhaps
one day it could be used with or without the stats system.  Integrating
FSM information has to be helpful, but it also isn't going to tell us
when to do an analyze due to lots of inserts, also the FSM (if not big
enough) is lossy and might not be tracking all the tables.  So I think
for 8.1 if it only used stats that would be OK.

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: Gist Recovery testing
От: "Matthew T. O'Connor"
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend