Re: setting up PostgreSQL on Linux RHL9 to allow ODBC connections from Windows

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: setting up PostgreSQL on Linux RHL9 to allow ODBC connections from Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22 Jun 2005 at 8:59, SCassidy@overlandstorage.com wrote:

> I have seen a bunch of different documentation on how to set up to
> allow ODBC, but I am a little confused about how much/what has to be
> set up to allow an ODBC connection from Windows (mostly 2003, some XP)
> to an existing PostgreSQL (7.4.6)  database on Linux (RedHat 9  version
> 2.4.20-6smp).

Hi,

All you need is the Windows ODBC driver, which you install on the
client machine, and then configure it to talk to the Linux server on
port 5432 (set by default).

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod@iol.ie                          Galway Cathedral Recitals