Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?

От davide
Тема Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Bryan Encina wrote:

> [...]
forTrue and False. I would like it to return Yes or No. I don't want to have a 2x2 table to look up the output. I don't
wantto use stored procedue.

>I think there is a better way, somthing very simple but I cannot remember what it is.
>
>-------------
>
>I think a CASE statement is what you want.  Check the Conditional Expressions section of the docs at:
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-conditional.html
>HTH,
>Bryan Encina

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

select case "field"
when 'T' then 'Yes'
when 'F' then 'No'
else null end
from  ...

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Bryan Encina"
Сообщение: Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?
От: Martín Marqués
Сообщение: Re: SELECT * FROM foo OFFSET -1 LIMIT 1