Re: performance problems ... 100 cpu utilization

От David Mitchell
Тема Re: performance problems ... 100 cpu utilization
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
What is the load average on this machine? Do you do many updates? If you
do a lot of updates, perhaps you haven't vacuumed recently. We were
seeing similar symptoms when we started load testing our stuff and it
turned out we were vacuuming too infrequently.

David

Dennis wrote:
> Qingqing Zhou wrote:
>
>> Are you sure 100% CPU usage is solely contributed by Postgresql? Also,
>> from
>> the ps status you list, I can hardly see that's a problem because of
>> problem
>> you mentioned below.
>>

> The postgreSQL processes are what is taking up all the cpu. There aren't
> any other major applications on the machine. Its a dedicated database
> server, only for this application.
>
> It doesn't seem to make sense that PostgreSQL would be maxed out at this
> point. I think given the size of the box, it could do quite a bit
> better. So, what is going on? I don't know.
>
> Dennis

David Mitchell
Software Engineer
Telogis

От: Dennis
Сообщение: Re: performance problems ... 100 cpu utilization
От: alison@mirrabooka.com (Alison Winters)
Сообщение: lots of updates on small table