error when using SELECT

От Andrew Stewart
Тема error when using SELECT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm currently trying to install a set of Perl modules that interact with
a particular SQL schema (bioperl-db with BioSQL, if anyone is familiar
with them), and am running into a problem that appears to be emergent
with 8.0.3.

I myself am still very new to PostgreSQL, so I'm having trouble telling
if there is anything wrong with the postgres transaction that is being
attempted by the bioperl-db maketest.  The verbose error output is as
follows...

preparing SELECT statement: SELECT SUBSTRING(seq FROM ? FOR ?) FROM
biosequence WHERE bioentry_id = ?
ok 30
ok 31
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  invalid escape string
HINT:  Escape string must be empty or one character.
CONTEXT:  SQL function "substring" statement 1
DBD::Pg::st fetchall_arrayref failed: no statement executing
not ok 32

...At first one of the bioperl-db developers thought that the error
might be from the absence of a space between the '?' and 'FOR', but this
was corrected and yet the error persists.  Can anyone tell me if any
part of that SELECT statement looks erroneous?

Thanks,
Andrew

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Budget battery-backed ramdisk (Gigabyte i-RAM)
От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: transaction timeout