Re: Make C file for create type

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Make C file for create type
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Louise Catherine wrote:
> Hallo,
> I found a problem making new data type kata,expecially
> when make the C file ,can anyone help me solve it.
>
> This error occur when I'm compiling the C file :
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.1/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18):
> In function `_start':
> ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:98: undefined reference to
> `main'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You don't have a main() function. This is the function that gets called
when you run an executable. Looking at your code, it seems like you want
to produce a library rather than a standalone program.

This might help: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html
Also, read the section on C-language functions in the manuals.

Also, you're clearly missing bound-checking on your various copy
operations, and I think you're supposed to use palloc() rather than
malloc() if this is supposed to sit inside PostgreSQL.

Bear in mind it's been 10 years since I wrote any C though, so use your
own judgement on my advice.

--  Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Rob Kirkbride
Сообщение: Re: 'select where' using multiple columns.
От: Henry Ortega
Сообщение: sum but not grouped by?