Re: Immutable function WAY slower than Stable function?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Immutable function WAY slower than Stable function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/06/2018 04:44 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 4:36 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>

>     What is the definition for target_date()?
>

> Hi Adrian.  Happy to provide this info.  Though on a side note, I don't
> understand why it should matter, if functions are black box optimization

Black boxes the bane of my existence, different field, control
circuits:) My interest was because you are chaining functions and a
chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. From the surface I am not
seeing anything, will need to mull it over a bit.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Ken Tanzer
Сообщение: Re: Immutable function WAY slower than Stable function?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Immutable function WAY slower than Stable function?