Re: Controlling access to Sequences

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Controlling access to Sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Matthew Horoschun <mhoroschun@canprint.com.au> writes:
> Should I just avoid SEQUENCES altogether and use the OIDs under normal
> circumstances and the MAX( id ) + 1 style thing when I need a
> human-usable number?

I don't think so.  MAX()+1 has more than enough problems of its own.

The real bottom line here is that you should not allow untrustworthy
users any sort of direct access to SQL commands of any kind.  They
should only be allowed access to an application that issues suitably
restricted SQL commands on their behalf.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Matthew Horoschun
Сообщение: Re: Controlling access to Sequences
От: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah."
Сообщение: Re: Which version is this?