Re: Postgresql 8.0.3, symbolic link to /var/lib/pgsql/data/base

От Jeffrey Tenny
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.0.3, symbolic link to /var/lib/pgsql/data/base
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I tried a few:

    chcon -t postgresql_db_t /home/pgsql

type things.  No luck.

It's interesting that there are no permission denials
logged in /var/log/messages, but postgresql
says it can't access /var/lib/pgsql/data/base
because permission is denied (in the postgres log).

I played with the symlink chcon user, and the /home/pgsql user
as well (again, chcon, not chown).

It's clearly selinux though.  If I do this:

    /usr/sbin/setenforce 0

Then everything works peachy for my testing.

But turning off selinux is probably a one way road,
since all files created in that environment won't have their
context set.  So I really need to solve this in the correct fashion.

For now I'll run with the database files under /var/lib/pgsql/data
until I (or someone else) can figure out the selinux/postgresql magic.

От: Jeffrey Tenny
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 8.0.3, symbolic link to /var/lib/pgsql/data/base
От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 8.0.3, symbolic link to /var/lib/pgsql/data/base