Re: Update timestamp on update

От Jeff Williams
Тема Re: Update timestamp on update
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:

>Jeff Williams <jeffw@globaldial.com> writes:
>

>>    last_status_change timestamp DEFAULT now()
>>

>>What I would like is that whenever the status is changed the
>>last_status_change timestamp is updated to the current time.
>>

>For this you use an ON UPDATE trigger; rules are not a good way to solve
>it.  See the documentation about triggers.  The first example on this
>page does it along with a few other things:
>http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-trigger.html

Thanks. Triggers was my first thought, but chapter 35 on Triggers didn't
really indicate a way I could do this easily and scared me with a lot of
c code. Maybe it is a good idea to present some of the more common
things you would want to do with triggers in the triggers chapter?

Jeff

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Stewart Ben (RBAU/EQS4) *"
Сообщение: Re: SEVEN cross joins?!?!?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Update timestamp on update