Re: Rules and Command Status - update/insert/delete rule with series of commands in action

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rules and Command Status - update/insert/delete rule with series of commands in action
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"johnlumby@hotmail.com" <johnlumby@hotmail.com> writes:
> But I suppose that my next question,   given what you both say about the
> RULE system being a dead-end,  is whether there is any likelihood of
> supporting an INSTEAD OF trigger on a view at statement level?   Maybe
> that stands more chance of going somewhere?

Perhaps, but I don't know of anyone working on it.

IIRC, the row-level-only restriction dates from before we had
implemented transition tables, so that at the time there was
nothing very meaningful that a statement-level trigger could do.
Maybe that problem has gone away, though I've not thought
about it very hard.

От: Juan Rodrigo Alejandro Burgos Mella
Сообщение: Re: Dll libpq.dll 32 bits
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: [EXT] Re: How to delete column level Stats/Histogram