Re: [HACKERS] Rethinking our fulltext phrase-search implementation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Rethinking our fulltext phrase-search implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Artur Zakirov <a.zakirov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> Otherwise it seems that queries like 'a <-> (b & c)' will always return
> false. Then we need maybe some warning message.

Well, the query as written is pointless, but it could be useful with
something other than "b" and "c" as the AND-ed terms.  In this usage
"&" is equivalent to "<0>", which we know has corner-case uses.

I'm not inclined to issue any sort of warning for unsatisfiable queries.
We don't issue a warning when a SQL WHERE condition collapses to constant
FALSE, and that seems like exactly the same sort of situation.

It strikes me though that the documentation should point this out.

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Why does plpython delay composite type resolution?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Why does plpython delay composite type resolution?