Changing auth type in pg_hba.conf ineffective. Why?

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема Changing auth type in pg_hba.conf ineffective. Why?
Дата
Re: Changing auth type in pg_hba.conf ineffective. Why?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
I'm struggling to resolve a login error.  It seems that I'm getting
"ident" authentication, no mater what I set pg_hba.conf to.  Here's a
log file:
 LOG:  next transaction ID: 602; next OID: 17232 LOG:  database system is ready    ... FATAL:  Ident authentication
failedfor user "bryce" LOG:  could not connect to Ident server at address "::1", port 113:

Connection refused

This makes sense, because no identd is running, and port 113 is blocked
anyway.  So I need another auth method.
My relevant pg_hba.conf lines are:
 #local   all         all                               ident sameuser #host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32
     ident sameuser #host    all         all         ::1/128               ident sameuser local   all         all
                       md5 host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32            trust host    all         all
::1/128               md5

I've renamed pg_hba.conf temporarily, just to verify that postmaster
won't start without it.  So I'm editing the right file, and restarting
postmaster correctly.  Any clues why I'm still getting 'auth' method
authentication?

Environment:
I'm using JDBC (Java Database Connection)
PostgreSQL version 8.0.3
SUSE Linux 10.0

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Bath, David"
Сообщение: Updatable views: any decent front-ends?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Changing auth type in pg_hba.conf ineffective. Why?