Re: help with utf8

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: help with utf8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hugo wrote:
> don't know if this is the best solution but I dropped the database and
> recreated it with SQL_ASCII instead of UTF-8 and everything worked as
> expected

It would SQL_ASCII just accepts whatever it's given.

Hugo - a quick tip for future questions, just post the text of the
message not a picture of it. The picture is much larger than the text
and can't be indexed by Google or the mailing-list archive software.

The error you are getting is "invalid UTF-8 byte sequence". I would
guess it's the point in the data marked by the question-mark: "ALEJO
GARCIA N?367"

1. Are you sure that the byte-sequence you have is UTF-8 (and not UTF-16
or other)?
2. How have you tested this?

--
   Richard Huxton