Re: Change port number

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Change port number
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rodrigo Sakai wrote:
>   Hello all,
>
>   I have a question about changing the port number of Databases
> server. It was told to me that is a good administrative practice to
> change the port number of the services, like change the 5432 to 6985
> or any other number. This is for security reasons. Is really a good
> practice?
Well, not really. Anyone who wants to get in, is just going to scan your
ports to find out what is open anyway. What you really need to do
is have a decent firewall in place and correctly configure postgresql
from the beginning.

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/