Re: Patch: Improve Boolean Predicate JSON Path Docs

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Patch: Improve Boolean Predicate JSON Path Docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 21, 2024, at 14:58, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:

> I make this interpretation based on this bit of the docs:

Sorry, that’s from my branch. Here it is in master:

   <listitem>
<para>
A path expression can be a Boolean predicate, although the SQL/JSON
standard allows predicates only in filters. This is necessary for
implementation of the <literal>@@</literal> operator. For example,
the following <type>jsonpath</type> expression is valid in
<productname>PostgreSQL</productname>:
<programlisting>
$.track.segments[*].HR < 70
</programlisting>
</para>
</listitem>

In any event, something to do with @@, perhaps to have some compatibility with `jsonb @> jsonb`? I don’t know why @@
wasimportant to have.

David

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Improve Boolean Predicate JSON Path Docs
От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column