Re: pseudo-type record arguments for PL-functions

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: pseudo-type record arguments for PL-functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Looking at contrib/intarray/_int_op.c might help. It does something
> like this:
>
>         ArrayType  *a = (ArrayType *) DatumGetPointer(PG_DETOAST_DATUM_COPY(PG_GETARG_DATUM(0)));
>
> The file src/include/utils/array.h also seems to have many useful
> functions.
>
> Hope this helps,

Yes, the intarray stuff was very helpful but also somewhat confusing.
Why are there two ways of representing some of the array types? I mean,
why is there an _int4 when you could just as well write int4[]? I'm
probably missing the point altogether.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

От: Thomas Hallgren
Сообщение: Re: pseudo-type record arguments for PL-functions
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: bug? non working casts for domain