Re: background triggers?

От Kenneth Downs
Тема Re: background triggers?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rafal Pietrak wrote:

>So if I may re-phrase the question: "is there a way to have a trigger,
>that, when launched, can check if it's already running in backgroung for
>some other INSERT, return imediately if so, but turn into background for
>a long-lasting job if not".

Rafal, I'm wondering why you want to do this.  You may be "fighting the
framework".

If you are trying to do something that is totally unsupported, it is
probably for a pretty good reason, usually dealing with security or data
loss.  You can probably get what you want by supported methods, but it
may require looking at the problem in a different way.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?  Is it just performance?

От: Bob Pawley
Сообщение: Re: Interface
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: Trying to update a box data type column