Re: The server's LC_CTYPE locale

От Michael Ben-Nes
Тема Re: The server's LC_CTYPE locale
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> Michael Ben-Nes <miki@canaan.co.il> writes:
>
>> Im got the following error when the query string was one of the Hebrew
>> chars:
>>

>> SELECT upper('׳©');
>> ERROR: invalid multibyte character for locale
>> HINT: The server's LC_CTYPE locale is probably incompatible with the
>> database encoding.
>>

> Hmph.  I can't reproduce that here (using Fedora 4's version of he_IL.utf8
> anyway).  I assume your client_encoding was also UTF8?  The troublesome
> character came through in your email as \327\251 (D7 A9) ... is that
> what you were actually entering?  The reference to F9 in the other error
> message makes me think the character got munged somewhere in the email
> chain ...

the Client Encoding is UTF8.

Strangely I no longer get the second error:
ERROR:  invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected near byte 0xf9

The first error returned:
# SELECT lower('ש');
ERROR:  invalid multibyte character for locale
HINT:  The server's LC_CTYPE locale is probably incompatible with the
database encoding.

The character that I sent is:
[ש‎]  U+05E9   ש  HEBREW LETTER SHIN

Im out of ideas, What else I should check ?
>             regards, tom lane

Michael Ben-Nes - Internet Consultant and Director.
http://www.epoch.co.il - weaving the Net.
Cellular: 054-4848113

От: Rafal Pietrak
Сообщение: Re: a row disapearing
От: Roman Neuhauser
Сообщение: Re: DB structure for logically similar objects in different states...