Re: copy progress notification

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: copy progress notification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
>
>>Do you have a comment about the progress notification and its impact on
>>copy to stdout?
>

> I didn't bother to comment on it because I think it's useless,

It's useful to see anything at all, and to be able to estimate how long
the whole process will take. People might find it interesting whether
they should go for a cup of coffee or come better back the next day...

> as well as broken for the stdout case.

I know it's broken, but why? Is using ereport when sending copy data
illegal by design? If not, it's not the feature that's broken but
something in cvs HEAD.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Possible TODO item: copy to/from pipe
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Possible TODO item: copy to/from pipe