Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:

> Incidentally, did the following message ever make it to the list? I saw my
> carbon copy, but never received it from the list and never received any
> screams of objections.
>

> Greg Stark <gsstark@MIT.EDU> writes:
>

>> Tom Lane:
>>

>>> ALTER TABLE childN DROP INHERITS old_parent;
>>> ALTER TABLE childN ADD INHERITS new_parent;
>>>
>> I think you would have to make INHERITS a reserved word to make that happen:
>>
>> stark=> create table integer (i integer);
>> CREATE TABLE
>> stark=> alter table test add inherits integer;
>> ALTER TABLE

Yes it did.

Syntax like this would probably not require making it a reserved word:
ALTER TABLE foo ALTER INHERITS ADD|DROP bar

Maybe a bit uglier, but not too much.

cheers

andrew

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Possible TODO item: copy to/from pipe
От: Steve Atkins
Сообщение: Re: Possible TODO item: copy to/from pipe