Re: ALTER SUBSCRIPTION REFRESH PUBLICATION has default copy_data = true?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ALTER SUBSCRIPTION REFRESH PUBLICATION has default copy_data = true?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02.06.21 03:10, Peter Smith wrote:
> The documentation of ALTER SUBSCRIPTION REFRESH PUBLICATION [1] says:

> But I found that default copy_data = true to be unintuitive.
>
> e.g. When I had previously done the CREATE SUBSCRIPTION using
> copy_data = false, then I assumed (wrongly) that the subscription
> default would remain as copy_data = false even when doing the REFRESH
> PUBLICATION.
>
> Is that a deliberate functionality, or is it a quirk / bug?

copy_data is an option of the action, not a property of the
subscription.  The difference between those two things is admittedly not
  clearly (at all?) documented.

However, I'm not sure whether creating a subscription that always
defaults to copy_data=false for tables added in the future is useful
functionality, so I think the current behavior is okay.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: tab-complete for CREATE TYPE ... SUBSCRIPT
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: ALTER SUBSCRIPTION REFRESH PUBLICATION has default copy_data = true?