Re: Backslash problems with 8.1.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backslash problems with 8.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Matthew Schumacher <matt.s@aptalaska.net> writes:
> Thanks for the reply Tom, however I don't think you understand my issue.
>    I'm not using addslashes and I am using the SQL standard way to
> escape a single quote. The problem is that I want to put a literal \'
> inside the database.  So if \ is no longer an escape character, and ''
> is the SQL way to pass a literal ' then you would think that \'' would
> put a literal \' into the database, however postgres rejects this and
> spits out an error.

Oh, you're mistaken about \ ... it's still an escape character, as of 8.1.
(Beginning in 8.2 there will be a way to make it not an escape.)  So
what you need for that is \\'' inside your literal string.

От: Matthew Schumacher
Сообщение: Re: Backslash problems with 8.1.4
От: Markus Schiltknecht
Сообщение: Re: Problem with 'postgres' db with 8.0 on a MacBook